As the weekend nears, a massive cleanup effort following Nashville’s historic flooding continues.
So far, Metro Public Works collected 2,100 cubic yards of debris during just the first two days of trash collection.
Mayor Karl Dean said Metro is in the process of securing emergency contracts with 100 additional crews from private contractors that will expedite the debris-collection process.
“We continue to focus on the hardest [hit] areas first,” Dean said, which includes Bordeaux, Pennington Bend, Bellevue, Antioch and Inglewood.
By Monday, Dean said the city will finalize a schedule to let citizens know when crews will be arriving to their neighborhoods.
“This is going to be a very coordinated effort,” Metro Public Works Director Billy Lynch said. “Everybody so far is working very well together. We’re going to clean this city. We’re going to get it done.”