Carbon monoxide leak sickens students in Vanderbilt dorm

Monday, November 2, 2009 at 12:51am
Staff reports

Three Vanderbilt University students were taken to Baptist Hospital on Sunday night after a carbon monoxide leak was found in an off-campus dorm, WSMV reported.

The students – from Bragg Residence Hall – were checked out and released. The building was evacuated while firefighters worked to find the source.

A faulty water heater was determined to be the source of the leak.

1 Comment on this post:

By: shehane64 on 11/2/09 at 11:49

I'm hoping the dorm had carbon monoxide detectors and that's how they made it out alive. We just had news stories about "time to change the clocks/time to change the batteries." It would be really sad if Vandy was guilty of not maintaining their facilities.