Eleven Metro middle schools will have new principals for the 2012-13 school year, the school district announced Tuesday.
Middle schools with new leadership are: Bellevue, Creswell, Cora Howe, Donelson, Haynes, Joelton, John Early, Marshall, McMurray, Rose Park and Two Rivers middle schools
New principals are:
• Bob Blankenship will become the principal of Rose Park Middle Math/Science Magnet School. Currently principal of Haynes Middle Health/Science Design Center, Blankenship was previously principal at Two Rivers Middle School and assistant principal at Neely’s Bend Middle School.
• T’Shaka Coverson will be promoted from assistant principal to principal at McMurray Middle School.
• Tonya Dennis will become the principal of Haynes Middle Health/Science Design Center, a Paideia school. She is moving from the principal position at John Early Museum Magnet Middle School, which was a Paideia school before becoming a magnet school.
• Shelly Dunaway will join Metro Schools as principal of Two Rivers Middle School. Presently assistant principal at Northeast Middle School in Clarksville, she was previously a high school literacy coach, academic coach, English teacher and department chair, all with Clarksville Montgomery County Schools.
• Bill Moody has accepted the leadership post at Joelton Middle School. Moody is moving from Two Rivers Middle School where he was also the principal.
• Ted Murcray will lead Isaiah T. Creswell Middle Arts Magnet. Currently the assistant principal at DuPont Tyler Middle School, Murcray joined Metro Schools in 2011.
• Risè Pope will be the new principal of John Early Museum Magnet Middle School. The principal of Rose Park since 2008, she led the school to the Blue Ribbon School designation from the U.S. Department of Education in 2009.
• Jennifer Rheinecker, now assistant principal at John F. Kennedy Middle School, has accepted the principal position at Donelson Middle School.
• Barbara Michelle Springer, currently assistant principal at Bellevue Middle School, will now lead the school as principal.
• Roderick Webb, current assistant principal at Thurgood Marshall Middle School, is the new principal of Thurgood Marshall Middle School.
• K.C. Winfrey joined Metro Schools in 2003 as a teacher at Cora Howe School and will return there as principal. Currently, he is a School Improvement Plan (SIP) facilitator for the district.