In preparation for Wednesday evening’s Fourth of July celebration downtown, the Metro Nashville Police Department will close certain roads in and around downtown to control the flow of traffic.
Starting at 6 a.m. Wednesday closures will include:
• First Avenue from Union Street to the Korean Veteran’s Bridge
• Second Avenue from Church to Demonbreun streets
• Broadway from First to Third avenues
• Molloy Street from First to Second avenues
• Demonbreun Street from First to Second avenues
Third Avenue from Commerce to Demonbreun Streets will be closed beginning at 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Beginning at 6 p.m. Wednesday, traffic on the Korean Veteran’s Bridge will be restricted to two lanes and westbound traffic will not be permitted on the Korean Veteran’s Bridge after 9 p.m.
After the fireworks show those who parked downtown will be directed by police officers to leave in a certain direction depending on which parking area they are leaving from (click here for a map).
The public is reminded not to park on the shoulders of the interstate to watch the fireworks display. Parking there is prohibited, and those who do so may be ticketed.