Following the arrest of two Nashville brothers and the recovery of numerous pieces of stolen or traded property, police are looking for those who may have been victimized by the brothers’ theft scheme.
Metro police, along with law enforcement in Wilson County and Nolensville, investigated what turned out to be a multi-county theft scheme involving tens of thousands of dollars worth of stolen or traded vehicles, water craft and construction equipment.
Authorities arrested Jason and Dustin Nicholson (ages 27 and 19 respectively) on July 5 after executing two search warrants at the brothers’ homes at 721 Wildview Drive (Dustin) and 804 Drummond Drive (Jason).
Police allege that the Nicholsons stole items and traded them for other items or sold them to unsuspecting persons, often through Craigslist.
Jason Nicholson is in the custody of the Nolensville Police Department on outstanding indictments there. Dustin Nicholson was taken to Wilson County and placed into custody there, charged with theft of a John Deer Gator allegedly recovered on the Drummond Drive property.
Those who think they may have been victimized in the scheme can call Auto Theft detectives at 862-7612. Both brothers could face additional charges as the investigation continues.
Recovered property in the case includes:
• Honda generator bearing serial number 0C04-G850158
• Yamaha generator bearing serial number F-198 00959B1
• Chicago Electric generator bearing serial number 188F*80038454*
• Powerhorse pressure washer bearing serial number 1065H0615947A
• Unknown make, black pull-behind open utility trailer with ramps
• 2006 Yamaha Wave Runner bearing no Vehicle Identification Number\serial number
• Haul Master white pull-behind enclosed trailer no Vehicle Identification Number\serial number
• Pontoon boat, blue and white in color hand stamped Vehicle Identification Number\serial number RCD26173C498 and RCD2C173C498
• Unknown make, gray enclosed trailer bearing Vehicle Identification Number\serial number 4G7US08167T000518
• BMW 745I bearing Vehicle Identification Number WBAGL63462D956741
• John Deer Gator bearing Vehicle Identification Number W006X4X056397
• Black double jet ski trailer bearing no Vehicle Identification Number\serial number
• Bobcat Rockhammer attachment serial number 672
• Flagstaff Classic Super Lite Camper, no serial or Vehicle Identification Number (Stolen from Nashville on October 14, 2011)
• Ford F-350 truck bearing Vehicle Identification Number 1FTWW31P86EA38416
• Takeuchi Skid Steer bearing no serial number
• Yamaha Wave Runner bearing Vehicle Identification Number US-YAMA1293G709
• Open pull-behind black trailer, no serial number
• Vitacci scooter bearing Vehicle Identification Number L5YTCKPA781198668
• 12’ utility trailer, unknown make, no serial number or Vehicle Identification Number
• Enclosed white pull-behind trailer, no serial number