Bo knows what he likes — it's not Vince Young

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 4:31pm
Staff reports

Bo Jackson is not fond of what he considers the typical pro athlete these days, nearly 20 years since he last competed as a professional.

To make his point, he singled out Tennessee Titans’ quarterback Vince Young in an article published Monday by USA Today.

Jackson, who was an NFL All-Pro with the Oakland Raiders and an MLB All-Star with the Kansas City Royals, was critical of the attitude Young expressed in a 2007 interview with 60 Minutes and more recently of Young’s actions at Dallas strip club, for which he was cited by police.

"Remember when (Tennessee Titans quarterback) Vince Young did that interview, and they asked him, 'Well, can anybody tell you anything?' He sits up all proud and says, 'Nobody can tell me nothin.'

"And you see what happened to him? He gets into this brawl at a strip club when somebody says something bad about Texas. I'm like, 'Dude, do you think I'm going to whip your butt because you said something? You can say whatever you want about Auburn. I'm not that shallow. ... I'll probably agree with you. But nothing will make me mad enough to snap you and you hire a lawyer and try to get $100,000 from me."

By: house_of_pain on 7/12/10 at 4:07

Remember when Bo Jackson was relevant?

By: wayitis on 7/12/10 at 4:28

Remember when VY was considered a great number draft #1 pick?

By: noxqssman on 7/12/10 at 6:06

HEY ! all u titans fans u'll remember the day ole bud gave vy the bonus and signed this guy ! and u'll never see a super bowl or be happy knowing adams knew it when he signed him ! if u disagree , then who does vy remind u of that ever won the big game ??????? .........that's right , nobody !

By: dangerlover on 7/13/10 at 10:10

Vince Young was not a number draft #1 pick. I don't even know what that means, but I assume you were trying to say number 1 draft pick. He wasn't.

By: dangerlover on 7/13/10 at 10:11

7:06 is a little early to be drunk, big guy. Unless you're still drunk from the night before.

By: TakePrideInNash on 7/13/10 at 11:42

Why does Vince Young have to remind you of a previous player who succeeded? He may succeed and be his own player. Anything wrong with that? Your comment of the titans owner makes it obvious you are not a fan of the titans and hope Mr Young and the rest of the team fail. As for Bo Jackson, since he has not played in twenty years I think football has passed him by.

By: amyinsparta on 7/13/10 at 2:10

Bo may be old and irrelevant, but VY is young and unlearned about how to conduct himself. The thinking that times are different now doesn't wash. Smart thinking athletes know that they should not be in strip clubs and bars at two in the morning. Nothing good comes of it. Just ask Mr. Adams and half the athletes at UT! lol just kidding; it's not really half. maybe a third? :) Actually, I think our student athletes are to be commended for their ethics. It is unfortunate that the only ones to make the headlines are the ones who act before they think-if ever they do think, that is.

By: TakePrideInNash on 7/13/10 at 2:30

If I'm not mistaken Mr Young made a public apology and said he was wrong. No business of a "has been" or anyone else.