INDIANAPOLIS — Advice and support flows from one University of Texas quarterback to another.
Colt McCoy, here at the NFL Combine to meet with prospective teams, said Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young, his predecessor with the Longhorns, has been very supportive not only throughout McCoy’s college career, but as he readies for the NFL Draft in April.
“I’ve talked to Vince a lot. He’s always there for support and any questions that I have through this whole process,” McCoy said. “He’s awesome. He had a tremendous year this year once he got in. I’m definitely pulling for him, but next year it’s crazy to think that we might be playing against each other.”
McCoy won’t throw at the Combine because of a shoulder problem on the hit he took in the national championship game against Alabama that knocked him out of the contest.
Titans meet with linebackers
Two prospective linebackers in this year's draft revealed that they have met with the Titans, who are short-handed at the position with Keith Bulluck scheduled to become a free agent, and David Thornton coming off shoulder surgery.
Daryl Washington of Texas Christian and Dekoda Watson of Florida State both met with Titans coaches and officials at the Combine.
More from the Combine
• Ol' Miss RB patterns his game after CJ
• Brother of ex-Titan hopes to make his mark
• Titans will get 16th pick in the NFL Draft
• Former Mt. Juliet QB excited about invitation
• VU's Welch takes tips from former teammate
• Former Titan DT, now radio hosts, pays a call
• Jim Schwartz' take on Chuck Cecil, and more
• Will Titans tender Scaife for $5 million?
• Former JPII prep star Golden Tate shares his strengths