Ex-Titan Bishop to co-host midday radio show on Zone

Friday, January 22, 2010 at 4:38pm

Former Tennessee Titans star safety Blaine Bishop will be part of a new midday radio show on 104.5 WGFX-FM The Zone.

Bishop will team with radio veteran Brent Dougherty and AOL Fanhouse writer and Zone contributor Clay Travis on the new show that will air from noon-3 p.m. each weekday beginning Monday.

Bishop played nine years with the Titans/Oilers franchise as a Pro Bowl strong safety and finished his NFL career in 2002 with the Philadelphia Eagles. Bishop was a mainstay of the Titans 1999 Super Bowl team that lost to the St. Louis Rams.

The Jim Rome Show will be removed from The Zone in order to make room.

By: MarkTitans on 1/22/10 at 6:21

Now can we please get rid of George Plaster! Never heard of someone in his position who knows so little about all types of sports. Real shame in a town where there are 2 professional sports teams (plus minor league baseball)

By: TITAN1 on 1/22/10 at 6:33

I listen to Plaster on and off and his show has always been #1 no matter who goes up against him. Good luck, Blaine!

By: PaulRevere on 1/22/10 at 8:03

Sounds as though this will be replacing "Jim Rome". To me his midday show has always been the weakest slot in the day on 104.5. He occasionally had some good interviews, but it was tough waiting through his obnoxious persona, meaningless diatribe and repetitive bullcrap. To me the local shows have long outperformed the syndicated stuff. I look forward to checking out this new program.

By: NGNG34 on 1/23/10 at 6:02

I agree with PaulRevere. Having Jim Rome follow Dan Patrick, who puts on an entertaining and informative show, was a crime. I look forward to listening to Bishop. He was always among my favorite Titans.

By: ak47 on 1/23/10 at 8:09

I really wish they could have found a way to involve Darren McFarland. I think he's way better than some of the remaining employees of 104.5.

By: volfan93alum on 1/23/10 at 9:08

I am glad to see Rome go, his schtick wore out a long time ago. As for George, he's just not what I consider entertaining, but for some reason the home crowd thinks he is great. I still can't figure that one out. I guess the expectation level is really low.

By: modern4life on 1/23/10 at 9:16

Time to tune out the Zone. Rome was the only reason left to listen to it. I suspect cutbacks at the station. Plaster is just too annoying to listen to.

By: wolfy on 1/23/10 at 10:23

I enjoy Plaster and Daunic.I'd love to see the Big Dog brought over from 560 to join Brent and Blaine. He's by far the best radio talking head in Nashville. Clay Travis rambles and over estimates his importance to the listener. He must've went to the Mark Howard school of Journalism. Silence is a good thing guys!

By: jwk6179 on 1/25/10 at 2:58

I have never understood WHY SO MANY PEOPLE are so ENAMORED with that NO-TALENT IDIOT HACK, DARREN McFARLAND. He speaks in cliches, his comments are more often than not just down-right inane and asanine and he does nothing at all but to agree wholeheartedly with EVERYTHING that George Plaster and Willie Daunic says. I don't think he has every had a thiought in his head that didn't come first from either George or Willie. He acts like that he will lose his press creditials to Titan and Predator game if he every said anything CRITICAL of either organizations.