Kenny Britt keeps quiet about latest incident involving police

Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 4:31pm

Kenny Britt’s name has shown up on another police report.

Part of the problem — the latest in a string that has marred his professional career — for Tennessee Titans wide receiver is that he decided to clam up.

According to a story posted Sunday afternoon by The Jersey Journal on Sunday afternoon, Britt dropped off a stabbing victim at a New Jersey hospital and was at or near a home where shots were fired a short time later.

The story said Britt accompanied the stabbing victim, a 23-year-old man who walked into the hospital. Britt and the victim, who was treated for non-life-threatening injuries were uncooperative with police at the scene.

Allegedly the incident occurred at a birthday party at a Jersey City, New Jersey residence in the early morning hours Sunday. Britt returned to the home from the hospital and retrieved his girlfriend, according to the report, and not long after a single gunshot was reported.

A police department spokesman told The Jersey Journal that authorities intended to interview Britt and others once again.

The Titans first-round draft pick in 2009 and their leader in receiving yards each of his first two seasons, Britt consistently has legal issues during his NFL career, particularly during the offseason. He was arrested last summer and charged with drunk driving at Fort Campbell. The previous year he was arrested three times — twice in New Jersey, once in Tennessee.

He served a one-game suspension early in the 2012 season for violation of the league’s personal conduct policy.

By: jwk6179 on 1/13/13 at 6:32

The more I learn about Kenny Britt, the more it sounds like the Titans have another "Pac-Man" on their hands. He may not have done anything illegal, but he keeps putting himself in situations and places where something illegal is going on or had just happened. Kenny, if you don't want to end up in prison or dead, I suggest you stay clear of places that these type of activities go on. Either that, or legally change your name to Pac-Man, Jr.

Of course, as long as he can score Touch Downs for the Titans, TITAN1 will always support him and his brushes with the law.

By: Rasputin72 on 1/13/13 at 7:57

You can take the boy out of the ghetto but you cannot take the ghetto out of the boy.

Kenny Britt actually behaves himself quite well considering his affinity for returning to his roots.

By: TITAN1 on 1/13/13 at 10:05

Not that I have to explain anything to our local fish out of water packer/Raider fan, I have given up on Britt like I finally gave up on pacman after his Vegas incident and VY after throwing his shoulder pads in the stands and cussing out his coach. Even, we positive people have our limits.

By: courier37027 on 1/13/13 at 10:40

TITAN1, you may want to sign off on your computer when away from keyboard. Someone is typing on your open NCP account and is making sense.

If last comment actually was posted by the real TITAN1, I am sure you will accept Kenny Britt with open arms and contrite heart as soon as he catches a touchdown, or Mike Munchak spews a high praise cliche, or "Titans All Access" shows Britt signing footballs for a local charity.

By: TITAN1 on 1/13/13 at 11:04

C, I just stated the truth. Exactly what I have said all along.

By: Jughead on 1/14/13 at 9:23

The sad thing is, Bud will probably keep this thug if he can.

I hate thug athletes.

By: rickmuz on 1/14/13 at 9:28

Hey Kenny... you should have a heart to heart with Vince Young and see how destructive hanging with the peeps on the block during the off season is for your NFL career (and bank account)

By: BigPapa on 1/14/13 at 11:44

If this guy's performance was some super outstanding season these little small brushes with the law would be easier to over look. However, he's not getting it done on the field, so junk like this is even worse.

Send him packing, trade him for a 5th rounder whatever. He's a loser and not someone that will ever be a positive for this team.

By: Jughead on 1/14/13 at 11:48

The longer I live in the US, the less I like black people.

By: chasattn13 on 1/14/13 at 12:50

Two things... Britt is several fries short of a happy meal and or he's addicted to trouble. Get rid of him!

Second, and most importantly... I'm done with the NFL. Why should I continue to support a group of people (many of them thugs) who voted almost exclusively for Obama? Seems kind of stupid to support an entity that seeks to help undermine everything I despise!!!

By: Jughead on 1/14/13 at 2:35

I agree--not a cent for NFL or NBA. The thug athletes represent everything I despise about America.

By: sonny1024 on 1/14/13 at 4:37

He that calls the police usually go to jail.

By: 4gold on 1/15/13 at 8:53

CUT THAT LOSER LOSE NOW. Anybody that ghetto cannot be recovered. He has had more than enough chances to change his lifestyle and still continues to return to NJ. I don't want to win bad enough to keep people like that around me. POISON to the team.

Go Dores, Preds, Titans! Go Nashville a great place to live!

By: courier37027 on 1/15/13 at 7:28

But, but, but John McClain told us Britt was a character guy, team player, a leader in the community.