Lions' interest in Jones goes back to Combine

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 6:04pm
pacmn.jpg
Jones

The Detroit Lions’ interest in potentially signing Adam “Pacman” Jones is not new.

In fact, it goes back as far as last month at the NFL Combine when Jones’ agent, Nashville-based attorney Worrick Robinson, scheduled a meeting in Indianapolis with Lions representatives, according to a league source.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz knows Jones well, having coached him for two seasons after the Tennessee Titans made him the sixth overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft.

Jones’ many issues are well documented with his six arrests and 12 encounters with police during his time as a Titan, leading up to his suspension for the 2007 season and eventual trade to the Dallas Cowboys.

After Dallas acquired him from Tennessee, Jones was released by the Cowboys following the 2008 season and was out of the NFL last season.

Jones, who turns 27 this year, had a workout on March 19 in New Orleans and the Lions were one of the teams present, but their interest in the troubled cornerback long predated that.

By: house_of_pain on 3/25/10 at 5:24

Ha! d7 is gonna love this...

By: bfra on 3/25/10 at 5:33

Titan1 can get one more hip-hip-hurrah in for this spitting thug he praised so much!

By: TitansFan035 on 3/25/10 at 8:32

He is broke, he would probably take the water boy job if they ask him.. I bet Titan1, still probably use his jersey for P.J's.

By: Kosh III on 3/25/10 at 8:47

We're supposed to care because????

By: dargent7 on 3/25/10 at 9:57

Detroit is a perfect match made in heaven for PacMan Jones. The Lions are 3-47.
Detroit has bankrupt car cos., and has been in the Top 10 for 30 years as the "Murder Capital".
All that's left is to acquire Michael "Dog Killer" Vick and round out their roster.

By: bfra on 3/25/10 at 11:39

Titan1 sure is quite today! Where is all the yammering he used to do EVERYDAY, that it didn't matter what spitman did off the field? Guess What? It did matter!

By: house_of_pain on 3/25/10 at 11:59

bfra, I supported Punkman while he was a Titan, until he said he wanted to play for "America's Team"...then I removed his name from my #32 jersey.
He was officially dead to me at that point.

By: bfra on 3/25/10 at 12:58

house - But, you didn't go overboard like Titan1. He was pathetic!

By: TitansFan035 on 3/25/10 at 1:03

bfra, HE IS PATHETIC! I BELIEVE HE IS RELATED TO COACH 500, THE WAY HE TAKES OFFENSE WHEN YOU COMMENT ABOUT HIS TERRIBLE DECISIONS!!

By: TITAN1 on 3/25/10 at 1:54

By: frank brown on 12/31/69 at 7:00

TNWalker, How many Super Bowls have the Cowboys played? How many Divison titles have the Cowboys won? How do you think the Cowboys got to be called America's team? Why would a city like Houston run the Oilers out of town? I am sure you have the answers. All I know is that Pacman Jones is an outstanding football player. I would not want Pacman Jones as a neighbor or as a member of my club. All I care about are his football talents for 16 weeks a year. Where he is after that is not something I ever think about. What I do know is that the Oilers/Titans have not won a Super Bowl in their almost 45 year history or in my lifetime. They are a tremendous asset to Middle Tennessee but they are not a champion and will never be a champion.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bfra, I never said it did not matter at all what he did off the field. As I have said before, I supported him being a Titan until the Vegas incident. As you can see, someone else DID say that.

By: TitansFan035 on 3/25/10 at 2:22

Hey is alive! Titan1, so you finally agree that the TN TITANS ,ARE JUST A TAX WRITE OFF FOR BUD ADAMS? DO YOU AGREE THAT HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS OR BIG NAME PLAYERS AS LONG AS TITAN1, OR OTHER FANS ARE SITTING ON L.P FIELD SPENDING MONEY. THEN AFTER GOING HOME MAD AFTER ANOTHER LOSS?

By: TITAN1 on 3/25/10 at 2:25

Do what?

By: TITAN1 on 3/25/10 at 2:26

035, you do know that what I posted was a quote from someone else, don't you? Good grief!

By: dargent7 on 3/25/10 at 2:57

Diss The Cowboys? Say what you will about Jerry Jones...the new Stadium is amazing, second only to the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. Why, the Titans girls are dog food in comparison. The Titan girls make Mother Teresa look attractive in dim light.

By: ROTCMom on 3/25/10 at 3:01

ROTCMom

TitanFan035, I hate to be contrary, but I enjoy being a Titan fan, I enjoy going to LP Field, and I seriously doubt Bud has been in this business for all these years for a tax write-off. Take it from one who relocated to Tennessee from Va, and was born and bred a Redskin fan - an owner who throws around money on big name players does not guarantee a Championship! Having been soaked by the highest ticket prices in the NFL, actually had an owner charge to watch training camp, etc - I find the accessibility and fan friendlieness of the Titans refreshing. And clearly PacMan was a flash in the pan - after all the opportunities Jerry "I Have a Bigger Ego than Donald Trump" Jones gave him, he showed absolutely nothing! I just don't get what idiocy has gotten in to Schwartz - maybe the Detroit water does this to formally intelligent minds.....

By: house_of_pain on 3/25/10 at 3:20

035 needs to change his moniker...definitely not a Titans fan.
d7, your taste in women is questionable.

By: bfra on 3/25/10 at 3:23

Titan1 - Your opinion is not worth the time to look up. You in many comments stated "what he did off the field", either did not matter or it was his own business. Plus if anyone differed with you, you went balistic.

I thought maybe you was his brother!

By: TITAN1 on 3/25/10 at 3:28

I am proud to be a Titans fan and always will be. The players we had in the past are just that, in the past, whether you pulled for them or not. I pull for the whole team I love the present and look forward to the future.

By: TITAN1 on 3/25/10 at 3:39

You see bfra, I just proved where you were wrong but you are such a bitter individual that is full of hate that you can't see straight. For the LAST time, in my opinion he never did anything to be kicked off the team until the Vegas incident. His incidents up til then were dumb but not enough to be let go. I have always said that and for you to say otherwise is just you being jealous of the passion I have for my team and you twist everything to suit you. Try to stop living in the past and live in the present. Pacman no longer plays for us, but you sure do jump on EVERY chance to talk about him.

By: TITAN1 on 3/25/10 at 3:46

bfra, there are about 4 or 5 of you who posts the same stuff attacking people who have a positive attitude. You find something someone likes and you try to suck the joy right out of it. Are you brothers or one and the same? 99% of the posts you make on this website are very bitter.

By: house_of_pain on 3/25/10 at 3:59

Punkman is old news around here...let's talk about Ben Rapistberger...

By: bfra on 3/25/10 at 4:15

house - You got it! The Old coot isn't worth my time!

Now what did Rapistberger do or not do?

By: bfra on 3/25/10 at 4:16

house - To add: I like that NY QB Schanchez (sp may not be correct)!

By: house_of_pain on 3/25/10 at 4:21

Big Ben has once again been accused of sexual assault. In a bar toilet.

By: dargent7 on 3/25/10 at 5:47

bfra: It's "Sanchez".

By: bfra on 3/25/10 at 7:12

Thanks d7 - Sanchez is good and very accurate!