• Brentwood Academy 6, Christian Brothers 4: Will Blalock had a two-run home run as BA scored all of its runs in the first four innings and advanced to Thursday’s championship round.
Blalock also pitched a complete game. He allowed four hits and three walks and struck out seven.
Andy Lennington, Taylor Greene, Hunter Wood and Tyler Berlin all drove in a run for the Eagles, who had 10 hits. Greene was 3-for-4 with three singles and a run scored.
BA will face Memphis University School at noon Thursday at LaVergne. If MUS wins that one, the teams will play again for the title.
• DeKalb County 2, David Lipscomb 1: Andrew Dickerson struck out four, walked one and allowed just six hits, but an unearned run in the bottom of the fourth led to the Mustangs’ second loss of the day and their elimination.
Lipscomb tied it 1-1 when Pete Trollinger led off with a double and eventually scored on a passed ball. Trollinger and Chris Golden had two hits apiece, which accounted for all but one of their team’s total.
• Gibbs 12, David Lipscomb 2: Clay Fuson drove in a run in the first and second innings as the Mustangs built an early two-run lead, but was one of three pitchers who allowed all of Gibbs’ runs in the fifth and sixth innings.
Fuson had an RBI double in the first. Then in the second he struck out with the bases loaded but reached the ball got away on a wild pitch.
• Friendship Christian 16, Nashville Christian 6: Parker Lockhart had three hits and three RBIs, but NCS was eliminated when it lost to Friendship Christian for the second time in as many days.
The game was scoreless until Friendship Christian scored six in the bottom of the third. NCS (23-10) answered with five in the top of the fourth, but then allowed nine runs in the bottom of the inning. The game was ended after five innings because of the 10-run rule.
• Nashville Christian 9, Harriman 6: Parker Lockhart was 3-for-4 with three runs scored and two RBIs as the Eagles won in their first elimination game of the contest.
Cody Hartley, Davis Fleming, Jamie Edwards and Dakota Priest all added two hits for NCS, which scored three in the third, two in the fourth and three in the fifth. Lockhart had the only extra-base hits with a double and a home run. Edwards had three RBIs, all with two outs.
Brooks Taylor pitched four innings for the win.
• Jackson Christian 9, Donelson Christian 1: Wacey Russell and Taylor Wilson each had two hits, but DCA was eliminated when it lost for the second time on the day.
Jordan Jones scored the Wildcats’ only run when he led off the fourth with a double, moved to third on a single by Brad Warren and came home on a fielder’s choice.
• Knoxville Webb 3, Donelson Christian 2: A two-out double by Knoxville Webb in the bottom of the seventh relegated DCA to the loser’s bracket.
The Wildcats led 1-0 on Neil Hickman’s RBI single in the top of the first. They tied it 2-2 when Brad Warren led off the sixth with a home run.
Nick White went 3-for-3 with a double.
• Brighton 4, Ravenwood 2: Each team had five hits but Ravenwood left 10 on base, seven more than Brighton, and was eliminated.
Kaytlin Queen and Kayla Green each had doubles for the Lady Raptors, who also drew five walks. Ravenwood pitcher Ashley Beyke walked just three and struck out one in six innings.
• St. Benedict 7, Pope John Paul II 1: Ashley Hammer had two hits, and Sara Page had an RBI double but JPII failed to take advantage of seven walks and was eliminated.
Page drove in pinch runner Demisha Porter in the bottom of the sixth for JPII’s only run of the game. Shannon Rowe led off the inning with a single.
• Boyd Buchanan 1, Christ Presbyterian Academy 0: David Taafee and Taylor McCarthy both converted but CPA was beaten 3-2 on penalty kicks in a semifinal defeat.
CPA had the edge in shots (14-10) and corner kicks (10-9) and got 10 saves from goalie Luke Roman.
The Lions reached the semifinals with a 1-0 victory a day earlier. Murphy Mulvihill scored in the second half, and Roman made six saves for the shutout.
• Christian Brothers 3, Pope John Paul II 1: Griffin Smith gave JPII an early lead when he scored nine minutes into the contest, but the Knights were eliminated in a quarterfinal contest.
Christian Brothers tied it three minutes later then added two in overtime.
Dylan Zenga made 15 saves for JPII.