Titans' opener included in national radio broadcast package

Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 2:20pm

ESPN Radio will broadcast the Tennessee Titans’ season-opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers to kick off its first season of live regular-season game action, the network announced Thursday.

One game per week for each of the 17 weeks of the regular season will be featured. The schedule for the first five weeks has been released an included a second Steelers’ game, Sept. 29 at Minnesota. The Vikings also will be featured once prior to that.

The Titans and Steelers play noon, Sept. 8 at Pittsburgh.

Already that equals the number of Titans games scheduled for national television broadcasts. The NFL Network will air the Nov. 14 game at Indianapolis.

ESPN Radio plans to roll out its national broadcast package with an Aug. 24 preseason game between the New York Jets and Giants.

Announce crews for the package will rotate during the season and will include Sean McDonough, Bill Rosinski, Marc Kestecher and Ryan Ruocco for play by play and Herm Edwards, Bill Polian, Damien Woody and Shaun O'Hara as color analysts.

According to a recent report, ESPN Radio includes 350 full-time affiliates, 700 affiliates overall and reaches 30 million homes. Local station WPRT-FM 102.5 "The Game," is an ESPN Radio affiliate.

By: 4gold on 7/20/13 at 7:41

Look at the schedule. The Titans will be out of the playoffs before mid season. I am so excited.

Go Dores, Preds, Titans! Go Nashville a great place to live!

By: 4gold on 7/20/13 at 7:47

I predict the Titans to finish 4-12. and looking for a QB by mid season. Locker will be back in hosptital and Muchack looking for a job.

Go Dores, Preds, Titans! Go Nashville a great place to live!

By: 4gold on 7/20/13 at 7:55

The decade of floundering, arrest and non factor football has made me just not care any more. Show me a team and I will show you my support. Loyalty ony last so long with me. I need to be entertained and the Chicago game (in person) was the final straw with me. Three turnovers in four plays from scrimmage? Put ME in coach! I'll take that paycheck and do that.

Go Dores, Preds, Titans! Go Nashville a great place to live!

By: courier37027 on 7/22/13 at 11:18

Thanks the heavens Plaz isn't calling the games. After his Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech and Comcast experiences his absence makes radio palatable.

4gold I am disappointed in your prediction 5-11 is my prognostication, because five wins will ruin draft rankings.

Also, I predict Fitzpatrick at QB by mid-season. It would be from injury as Munchak is too dumb to put performance ahead of loyalty.

By: amabelmathews89 on 7/23/13 at 12:59